Wednesday, June 28, 2017

"It's always Winter, but never Christmas...."

Hey there! One more week down on this Ohio Roller Coaster ride. I'd say it was a pretty average week for missionary life. I'll give you the highlights :)

Thursday we had a lesson with a referral from mormon.org. I LOVE this story because of what it taught me. When I first got into this area, Sister Ashby I went tracting (surprise!). We knocked on every door on this one street over a few days, found one family that we still see every once in awhile, and that was about the end of it. When we go tracting, I often pray for the people that didn't allow us to come back to really look at the website we left them with on the card, for their hearts to soften over time, etc. One of those things I pray for and never really expected to know the real results. Until now! This referral came in from that same street, saying they'd talked to missionaries not too long ago (me and Sister Ashby!) and were now interested in learning more. It was Heavenly Father's way of reminding me that He answers prayers, even ones I don't think about having answered! 

We got ANOTHER referral that day, which is super unusual for us. Except that one sent us on a wild goose chase, we can't find the address and the phone number doesn't work either. The address took us to a Baptist church, so we walked in and asked the people there if they knew anything. :) After that, we headed to North Olmstead for exchanges!

So Friday we were in North Olmstead all day, I got to hang out with Sister Bussell and teach a couple of their investigators with her. Still weirds me out being there sometimes, since that's where I was going on exchanges a year ago too, just with different sisters! 

Sunday, was pretty stellar, for various reasons.:) A less active family that we've been working with came to church, plus I had another surprise visitor there! After church, we were walking around Norwalk and the Catholic church was playing Harry Potter music with their bells. We spent the night in Bellevue again, getting to know some of the families there. I love them already! It was definitely a tender mercy day. 

We also spent most of the day in Bellevue yesterday, getting to know some of the members. 
One had us over for dinner, and the other was building a playground when we stopped by, so we ended up helping set some of it up. Love them all!

This weekend is Brooke's wedding, I"ll make sure to send some pics next week!

Love you all, have an amazing week!

Love, Sister Maughan

p.s. The subject line is just because that song has been stuck in my head lately. It's a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment