Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"Don't mind us, we're just persevering!" - Sister Green

My subject lines may always be Sister Green quotes from now on, I quite enjoy them. This one was said to the cars driving by while knocking on doors in the warm rain in Milan at 8:30 at night.

Wow, was this week long or was this week LONG?! I can't believe I haven't even told you about dropping Sister Ashby off, that seemed like a lifetime ago!

That's where we will start this week though. :) Last Wednesday, we drove all the way to Kirtland (90 minutes.. through crazy Cleveland traffic. Don't worry mom, I was careful and we lived!) to transfer Sister Ashby to her new companion. And there were SO many missionaries there! Tons of them were there because they were going home, plus there were a handful called to train new missionaries. Plus all of those missionaries' companions that were either getting transferred or getting new companions. So I got to see Sister Barnes, and Sister Archibald, plus tons of other sisters and elders that have either been in my zone or district. Of course us sisters all went out to Panera for lunch after! :) 

The next few days went pretty well. It's nice already knowing Sister Green, so we don't have to go through that "getting to know/adjusting to your new companion" phase every one else does. We just get to work. The people we are teaching are doing so great! One of them even had a friend over when we were there to teach, and that friend came to church with them on Sunday! 

Saturday was... well let's just say that the best part of my day was eating ice cream for dinner. We had a handful of set appointments with new people we'd tracted into... and they all weren't home when we came by. Then our back up plans weren't home either. So we were just walking around, because that's what you do when you don't know what else to do. Plus, I'm pretty sure it was 90 something degrees outside. :) My legs were SO SORE that night. We talked to the other missionaries later though, and that's how their Saturday went too! 

It's also been fun trying to figure out the Bellevue area now that we are covering that. We went there Thursday night to try to contact some of the people the elders were working with, but none of them were home. So we ended up going back last night, and got in touch with a lot of them! 

I say this every week, I'll say it again... there's SO much more I could tell you about, but that's about the gist of it. We're just enjoying life here in Sandusky, rolling along the roller coaster. I know that in our lives, we don't always see the results of our actions, and we don't always understand what is going on or why things are happening. This week I was reminded of one of my favorite scriptures. "I know that (God) loveth his children, nevertheless I do not know the meaning of all things." 1 Nephi 11:17. Choose to remember that there is a loving Father in Heaven who knows you inside and out and loves you always.

I love you all! 

Sister Maughan 

p.s. Did I mention that we are combined with the Lorain ward now for District Meeting, so Sister Archibald is in my district??!


Sister Ashby, Sister Green and sister Maughan --
"getting a birthday cake drink at this place called Sheri's. 
The members here rant and rave about it all the time, so we had to try it out!"


This is what Abby said about the following two pictures!! --
"Our last Preparation Day together, we all bought Ohio t-shirts! 
There's a small back story to Sister Green's :) 
There is a member we do service for every Saturday morning,
 because she broke her ankle and can't move around a lot.
 Once when we were over there, she was talking to us about how 
Ohio people are known as the "Buckeyes" or how Ohio is the Buckeye state. 
"And you know what a Buckeye is? A worthless nut! 
Only the squirrels can eat it!" 
Haha so pretty much we're all a bunch of crazies here in Ohio... 
so when we found this shirt we were laughing our heads off and HAD to buy it. 
Sadly there was only One , or we all would've gotten that one :)"

Sister Green, Sister Ashby and Sister Maughan in their Ohio shirts



Abby wrote --
 "Sis Green and I in Bellevue last night, 
with the forever fields in the background!"




No comments:

Post a Comment