Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Runnin' on... to Sandusky

Wow. This week, was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had to pick the best week of my mission so far... there's a good chance this last week was it. There IS a way to work hard, see miracles, and have FUN all at the same time!

First, last Wednesday, after preparation day, we were able to go to Bishop Call's house to help his wife cut out some decorations for the Relief Society activity coming up. We don't get very many opportunities to be crafty as missionaries, plus the Calls are amazing people! 

Right after that, we met a lady named Kathy and she took us out to eat at Panera. Yum! She has had contact with missionaries/members in the past and loves talking to us. And we love talking to her!

Thursday was supposed to be pretty busy again. We went to help at the Giving Doll again in the morning. Later met with our investigator Rose and answer her questions about the Plan of Salvation. Had dinner with the Rovelskys. Then everything after that fell through, so we tracted! I love daylight savings... because it's still light outside at night to knock on doors without scaring people to death!

Friday, WE WENT TO KIRTLAND! Wahoo! The Walters are a very active family in our ward, but her husband isn't a member, so we have been teaching him. They all really loved it (Sister Walters and the kids have been before a long time ago, he had never been.) The spirit was there, like it always is at Kirtland. Plus, we went out to eat at The Melt after, so yay for more good food :) The Walter family definitely have been my second family here in Tallmadge! 

The rest of the day was mostly stop bys and tracting, and everything we had planned actually worked out. Weird, doesn't happen very often!

Saturday was a pretty normal day. 

Sunday MARTHA CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!!! And she loved it! We introduced her to a bunch of people, and she just seemed so happy and perky there. Her kids weren't able to come, but she said she wants to bring them next time! Sundays are so much brighter when investigators come. :) After church, we went to see the Nepali family in the Elder's area we are helping. We invited their visiting teachers, Sister Johnson and Suk (you say it with a long U, like "you". She is from Nepal as well), and it went really well! These refugee families have gone through so much... and are still going through so much! This family in particular is really being run by the 22 year old daughter, since the mom has passed away and the dad has some memory loss issues from a car accident that happened years ago. So this 22 year old has had to grow up so fast! She amazes me! We also went tracting Sunday on a really good street- because everyone answered the door and talked to us for at least 5 minutes! We were even able to teach the Restoration on someone's doorstep and leave him with a Book of Mormon, even though he really wasn't interested at first. 

Yesterday was another day full or miracles! We had District Meeting in the morning, and we usually all eat lunch together at the church after. About 20 minutes into our lunch break, some random guy comes up to the outside Relief Society door and tries to get in. I'll be honest, my original thought was to just ignore him. Yet the Elders are good missionaries and went out and talked to him. Long story short, he (Joe) turned out to be a referral we had gotten from one of our members and passed on to the Elders, thinking he lived in their area. But as we talked to him, we found out he actually lives in our area! He was super open, so he actually just came in, sat down with us at the table, and all six of us missionaries team taught him. It was SO COOL! We have a return appointment with him this week, and he wants to come to church as well. 

Do the miracles end there? Of course not :) We had dinner with the same member that referred Joe to us later that night. She had invited her daughter-in-law to come for dinner, and her daughter-in-law is really interested in learning as well! When members to the inviting, things work out better EVERY TIME, then if we had just knocked on their door. So go out and invite! Help some missionaries experience miracles! 

We spent the last few minutes of the night with another Nepali family we are teaching. Came home, and waited the longest half hour of my life for transfer calls! The anticipation of transfers is just as bad as waiting for your actual mission call. You have no idea where you will be going, and you just have to wait and wait and wait until you finally know!

I'm getting transferred! To SANDUSKY! That's where Sister Gibbs was trained, and Sister Rock and Sister Heer have also served there. I plan on emailing them for lots of advice when I get out there! ;) My new companion will be Sister Ashby, she came out a few transfers after I did. And what's fun, is her trainer, Sister Kempton, will be coming here! So I'll be with Sister Kempton's trainee, and Sister Kempton will be with my trainee. I'm SO excited for Sister Archibald to take over this area and continue to see miracles here. It has been so fun to see her grow, and she is AMAZING!!!! 

Once again though, I am going to miss the people of Tallmadge! Funny how I never want to leave, then end up loving those people so much that I never want them either. I truly feel like I've put my heart, might, mind, and strength into this area and these people. I will never forget the experiences I have had here, and am just so grateful for the knowledge that if I never see them again in this life, I can see them again in the next one! 

I'll keep you updated on how things are (obviously). Love you all, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers more than you know.

Love, Sister Maughan

Inspiration scripture for transfer week :)
"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice, for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end." Doctrine and Covenants 100:12
It's also appropriate because there is a good chance Sandusky will be the LAST area. Ahh! I've been on my mission so long that's a possibility! :( 


                                              Love seeing the light in these "Sister's" faces!  
                  Sister Archibald, sister Maughan and I don't know the names of the other two!


At Kirtland with The Walters Family 
Abby is on the far right ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment