Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Walking in Norwalk

Oh goodness this week has been a ride! Transfers are always stressful and emotional. They take a lot of patience with yourself and with your companion, and a LOT of prayer! The good news is, I arrived in one piece to the Sandusky ward! Our area covers a cute town called Norwalk, and that's where our apartment is and where we spend most of our time. The sisters have done a good job at building the area up, so we have a few amazing investigators! There is a cute family we are teaching (I think there last name is Fox?), and they are really progressing. The sister here before me was also fluent in spanish, so half of our investigators only speak spanish. :/ We aren't sure what we'll end up doing there, since our members that speak spanish are pretty busy! We've been joking/not really joking that we will hopefully have the gift of tongues soon! 

Sister Ashby is awesome, and she is from Cache Valley, Utah! Haha funny how that keeps happening to me! She is from Newton, and her personality is more quiet and reserved, but she's an amazing sister. 

We did a lot of service this week, and a lot of contacting former or potential investigators and tracting. Our church building is 30 minutes away! And we drive right past this AMAZING water park called "Calahari" (i probably slaughtered the spelling on that) every time we go to church. Plus, Cedar Point (roller coaster park, that has the largest/fastest/best roller coasters in the world) is also here in Sandusky. Basically, it's a rough place to be a mission, since we can't do any of those things on our missions! But now I have more of an excuse to come back and visit and have fun! ;) 

Other than that, I really can't saw I have too much to report. The biggest struggle for me has been adjusting to the culture of this area. I'm very used to being in the rich and more prideful areas of Ohio, and Norwalk is pretty humble! But as we always here "there is no comfort in the growth zone, and there is no growth in the comfort zone". I feel like I'll have lots of growing to do while I'm here, but there are good members and missionaries here that I know will help me through it! I'm excited to learn and come closer to my Savior while I am here, as well as help more of Heavenly Father's children to come closer to Him as well.

Love you all tons! talk to you next week!

Love, Sister Maughan

                                                           Sister Ashby and Sister Maughan





No comments:

Post a Comment