Monday, December 5, 2016

Kirtland !

Goodness, the weeks are just flying by this transfer! This last week was a good one, started out with Christmas Conference at Kirtland Tuesday morning... so of course that was amazing! I love my mission (so here comes the bragging "my mission is the best"). Who can say they got to meet together with all the missionaries, in the place where priesthood keys were actually restored? Just our mission! :D We are pretty spoiled here. 

The spirit was incredible there! We drove up to the visitors center with another set of sisters, pull into the parking lot and it's just FULL of missionaries! They let us just chat for about an hour and a half, go see all the nativities they have set up this time of year. It was fun just to see LITERALLY everyone... catch up with missionaries/companions I hadn't seen in awhile. 
Then we did a big lunch at the stake center, watched a slide show of a bunch of pictures from the year. THEN we got to meet together in the Kirtland temple and do a devotional. It was mostly a lot of singing Christmas hymns, sharing testimonies, and hearing from our mission leaders. I was pretty much crying the whole time :) Some of it was homesickness (Christmas music just makes you think of home!), and a lot of it was just feeling God's love for all of us- and for me! It's one of those experiences I hope I remember forever, or at least remember the feeling forever. 

The rest of the week was full of service opportunities! Helped one family rake leaves, another family clean out their basement, another family clean their windows. #LightTheWorld :) 



Sister Maughan and Sister Rock, raking leaves --doing service !!


More service opportunities !
Sister Maughan and Sister Rock cleaning windows.

We were also able to have a few good lessons with some new people that will hopefully continue learning! The work is picking up slowly. It's been really hard for me not to get frustrated and to be PATIENT. But Sister Rock and I were reading in Alma 29 today, about how Alma just wishes he could share the gospel with EVERYONE... but that he realizes he is doing what God needs him to, where God needs him to be. I'm always amazed by what I can relate to in the Book of Mormon as a missionary, that I don't think I can any other time of my life. I love it!

Struggles and all, I'm still doing well, and every day I learn something that changes my life.

Love you all, enjoy all the Christmas music and movies for me (next year!), and I"ll talk to you again soon!

Sister Maughan

p..s quote of the week- "Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people... stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ."- President Hinckley 
(I think I maybe already sent this one week... so just pretend it's new and inspiring anyways haha.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment