Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Adventure is out there.... In Tallmadge !

Yep, getting transferred my friends! I'm still in shock for the most part... not that I didn't think it would happen. I just realized once I found out how much I wanted to stay! I LOVE the people of Perrysburg so much, I don't want to leave them! I have seen so many miracles occur in the hearts of people here, and it's hard to just leave it behind. Thank goodness I know Heavenly Father is going to take care of all of them- and that Sister Heer and her new companion are exactly what they need right now. My heart is just breaking into a million pieces though :( Never thought I could love these people as much as I loved the people of Strongsville... but I sure can! 

That being said, I'm excited to see what Tallmadge has in store for me. It's in the Akron stake, and on the map it's one of the smaller areas. My new companion is Sister Rock- who has been companions with Sister Gibbs and Sister Heer. Sister Heer says this is Sister Rock's last transfer, so I"ll be taking over the area in about 6 weeks! It's always a little scary to know that going in. 

Honestly, I just feel a little disconnected from everything this week, so I probably won't write much. It just almost feels unimportant now that I'm leaving. Which is NOT true. We were able to teach new people this week, Phil and Jacob are doing SO well and are preparing for baptism. The ward has been giving us treats like crazy :) The weather is a little a lot chilly. 

We did a big Family Home Evening at the Weyandts last night with a bunch of members from the ward. We talked about gratitude, which we hear about ALL the time this time of year. But this time around, I'm realizing HOW grateful I am for gratitude :) One morning this week, I was not in a good mood (actually it's kind of been like that all week haha. Transfers stress me out!). So Sister Heer and I decided to say something we were grateful for and draw it on the back of this envelope we had. My artistic skills are AWFUL, so by the time we were done we couldn't even tell what some of the things I had drawn were. But my attitude had totally changed. I was ready to get out and work, and I was looking forward to it. Gratitude causes miracles to occur in our lives, big and small miracles. 
Alrightly, well I have no idea when we'll be emailing next with the whole Thanksgiving thing coming up. So I"ll talk to you all again, when I do. Have an incredible week and take time to recognize all the blessings Heavenly Father has given you. I promise it'll make your week even better :)

Love, Sister Maughan 


Abby wrote this about this picture !!  
"Our awkward district pics as usual.  Elder Frandsen, Elder Cortez, Elder Wheelright, Elder Nichols and us --Sister Heer and Sister Maughan. 



Sister Heer and Sister Maughan out doing some service !


Below are some pictures of some of the people she grew
to love so much while serving in Perrysburg.


Sister Maughan, "BroLo", and Sister Heer


Sister Herr, Sister Younger and Sister Maughan.
Sister Younger is one of the sisters they visited in the nursing home. 



Sister Maughan aka Abby, Colleen and Sister Heer.  
Abby wrote this about this picture ---
"This is pretty much my favorite person here.
Not something I can even begin to explain over e mail :)
Colleen is definitely my "mission mama".
She's a normal, crazy, Ohio-an, was less active for YEARS
until the sisters found her in January, and she's been coming ever since!"

**Thank you Perrysburg for being so good to Sister Maughan while she served there !! 




No comments:

Post a Comment