Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tell everybody I’m on my way .......TO PERRYSBURG!!!

That's right my friends, Sister Maughan is getting transferred!!!!! 


"Hey Mom, there are NO mountains in Ohio!"


I’m headed to Perrysburg South area, it's in the Toledo Stake. Sister Strand is my new companion, I've never met her either, but that will change tomorrow! That's also the same Stake Sister Gibbs is in, so I’ll probably do some exchanges with her which will be fun! 

Ahh I'm all over the place on what I think about it- but the gist includes being really really excited, and trying not to cry because I'm going to miss the people of Strongsville SO MUCH I can't even describe it to you! I've learned to love the people here with all my heart, but I know it was time for a change. What's really cool is that Sister Barnes, my MTC companion is replacing me! I know her and Sister Henderson will take good care of this area. Heavenly Father knows these people, and He knows their needs and when they need certain people. I trust Him 100%, so I know everything that happens is truly in His hands.  But holy goodness I'm going to miss the Backer family and Dennis. And Sister Henderson and the ward.

Anyways.... this week was really good :) We were able to set a baptismal date for Tiffany and Lily (Backer mom and daughter) for July 30th! I'm really excited for them. They also came to church this Sunday! 

Other exciting thing was we had “Home Days”  (Broadview Height's fair). Our ward did a booth, and we got to walk around and hand out bracelets that said "Choose the Right" on them, and talk to a lot of people! Plus, Brother Tryon bought us a funnel cake that was WAY delicious (I took a picture when we were done with it... ). Haha it was a really good way to get to know the members better (the members ran the booth while we walked around), and a great way to help people hear more about this great gospel! 


Sister Maughan and Sister Henderson at "Home Days" 
with what is left of their Funnel cake. 

Sister Henderson and Sister Maughan at "Home Days" 
- (Broadview Heights Fair)

Ahh, well that's about it honestly, I'm going to try to spend some time replying to individual emails today. I love you all, and know that I am SO grateful for this gospel in my life. In the midst of all this change, I love knowing that God and Jesus Christ are there the entire time. When I was studying this morning, two things stood out to me that really helped comfort me. One was from President Monson's "Choices" talk. He said that "if we choose Christ, we have always made the correct choice." The other was the very much heard scripture of 1 Nephi 3:7. "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." 

I know that that is true!

Love, Sister Maughan



Abby with the huge poster letter we wrote to her at the Maughan family reunion !  
(Thanks Aunt Kris !!) 



Sister Henderson and Sister Maughan with their spoils from "Free Slurpee Day" on 7-11!!

***Farewell to Broadview Heights !  Thanks for being good to our missionary !! ***



No comments:

Post a Comment