Monday, June 27, 2016

"Tell everybody I'm on my way" name that song/movie

Oh goodness I don't even know where to start this week... because I literally feel like nothing happened. :) This week was SO LONG. And really fast... cause that always makes sense.

Hmm... Tuesday we had a fun miracle happen. As has been normal the past few weeks, all of our appointments had fallen through, so we moved on to our backup plans. I wasn't really sure if we should go stop at this home, since we had NEVER met her and her husband always said she was sleeping no matter what time of day we went over there. We basically didn't have anything else to do though, so we went and knocked on her door- and she let us right in! We talked to her about her family, and the Cavs game (we've talked to EVERYBODY about the Cavs game. That's all they want to talk about. Or the HUGE parade that happened in Cleveland this past week. Ohio definitely has a good fan base for sports.) and were there for about an hour! She is really sick and can't move around very much, so now I really do believe she might have been sleeping every time we stopped by! Haha.

Friday night was probably the next interesting day. Sister Graff came with us to teach our Spanish speaking friends, but they wouldn't answer the door even though we could hear them inside! So we just kept knocking :). They finally opened and said it wasn't a good time (cause they were having a party) and the ones that told us to come weren't there. Weirdos. So we went and talked to the Backer family for a little bit. Also, Sister Henderson has this weird thing where she likes to laminate bugs, and Sister Graff really wanted one, so we may or may not have taken a 5 minute break to find Cicadas and put tape around them... 

Did I tell you about the Cicadas here? I don't feel like I have! I"ll send some pictures and an explanation on a separate email, then if for some reason I did tell you you don't have to open that one :)


***Inserting the e mail and pics Abby sent about Cicadas !!!

"Haha I can't remember if I sent these to you already so sorry if you hear this twice.
These are my new fear. I've never been a huge fan of bugs, but these things are TERRIFYING. They only come out of the ground every 17 years (and of course it had to be the year I'm here!) and they come out in full force! All the little black dots on that tree are cicadas, and there are definitely a lot more where that came from! They live in that little white/gray thing, then shed that skin when they turn into the thing with wings (it's probably really blurry but it's the best I've got!). They make a constant humming, whirring noise so you hear that basically everywhere you go when you walk around. 
Basically, I'm not a fan and am excited for next summer when they WON"T be here. We should not visit Ohio 17 years from now :)"



Yesterday, Sunday, was probably my favorite day this week. Church is ALWAYS good to uplift my spirits! I love just sitting there and listening, and being reminded that ALL these experiences are happening for a reason. One thing I've definitely been reminded of  (again) this week is where the root of my testimony is: God is our loving Heavenly Father. That is one thing I know for sure. He loves us, and He is watching over us every second of the day. So even though I have no idea why all these weird things are happening, why all our appointments are cancelling, and why almost every day we have to figure out where in the world we are supposed to be and what we should be doing... I know Heavenly Father has something for me to learn from all of this. 
There's your spiritual uplift-ment (if that's not a word it is now) for the day. :) 

Love you, hope you all had an amazing week and I hope to hear from you soon! 

Sister Maughan


*****Note from Abby's Mom ! --I had to include this in here.  These two paragraphs are from the letter that Abby wrote to me.  They show what amazing insights she is gaining.  We are so proud of her and thankful for her desire to serve.  We had our big family reunion on the Maughan side of the family this past weekend so her letters that we wrote had a lot of things about what we did.  I was worried it was going to make her homesick.  This is what she wrote ----

“Missions are a whole lot like the plan of salvation. We leave our parents and everything we "know" about how life normally is, and we get put into a brand new situation where we are tried and tested to the max. But we know we are here to learn and to grow, and that one day we'll be able to see our family again! Our missions are our home away from home, just like this earth life is not really our home either.  Long story short, I do miss home, but what I love the most is that I know you all are doing okay and that you're having fun! I truly have this time of my life to consecrate it to Heavenly Father, and because of that I will always love being here on my mission. It's exactly where I need to be, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Last night, Sister Martin came to a teaching appointment with us that cancelled, and so we took her to meet a few of our investigators. I suddenly realized that I love these people so much! No one else in this church knows them- except Sister Henderson, Sister Gibbs, myself, and most importantly Heavenly Father. For whatever reason, He sent US to them. Sure, they might not all be interested in the church right now- but the experiences I've had getting to know them all have changed my life for the better. It's not something I can describe, but I'm just SO grateful that Heavenly Father guided His servants to send me to this area.
Missions are pretty great!”




Picture Abby sent this week of her Zone ! 



If you guessed, the Subject line for Abby's e mail is from the movie "Brother Bear"  
For the heck of it, I looked up the lyrics for the song.  
I think this is what Abby is feeling right now on her mission journey !!  


Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead, yes I'm on my way
And there's no where else that I'd rather be

Tell everybody I'm on my way
And I'm loving every step I take
With the sun beatin' down, yes I'm on my way
And I can't keep this smile off my face

'Cause there's nothing like seein' each other again
No matter what the distance between
And the stories that we tell will make you smile
Oh it really lifts my heart

So tell 'em all I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
And to sleep under the stars, who could ask for more
With the moon keeping watch over me

Not the snow not the rain can change my mind
The sun will come out wait and see
And the feeling of the wind in your face can lift your heart
Oh, there's no where I would rather be

'Cause I'm on my way now
Well and true, I'm on my way now

I'm on my way now
I'm on my way now
I'm on my way now

Tell everybody I'm on my way
And I just can't wait to be there
With blue skies ahead yes I'm on my way
And nothing but good times to share

So, tell everybody I'm on my way
And I just can't wait to be home
With the sun beatin' down yes I'm on my way
And nothing but good times to show

I'm on my way


Yes, I'm on my way







No comments:

Post a Comment