Monday, May 9, 2016

Gift of tongues... :)

Oh the randomness of missions! We're going to go day by day even though it will probably bore you to death! :)

Monday, we ate dinner at the Koenneckes again! Red Cabbage and mashed potatoes and soup. That's all that was really eventful. :)

Tuesday, we met with that lady that randomly showed up to church last Sunday. She's an interesting soul, says she knows this is the true church, but doesn't pray... 

Wednesday we met with Dennis again at our Stake President's house. It was a really intense lesson, and I feel like we MIGHT have scared him off. I basically told him that Heavenly Father or God wants him to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He IS our savior, and that He is central to the great plan of happiness Heavenly Father has taught us about through the gospel. To someone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ... could probably make it or break it for him :) We gave him a break this weekend and hopefully will be seeing him again tomorrow!
Also Wednesday, we went to visit our Spanish friends we met last week. He was downstairs, and after we talked to him (or attempted talking to him...) he pointed upstairs to his friends apartment and said "go talk to them!". So now we have about 8 Spanish speakers we are attempting to teach :)

Thursday some members had us over for Cinco de Mayo dinner! We just ate soft tacos, but they were super delicious! 


We went to a frozen yogurt place down the street called Cece's... SO GOOD! 



Friday, we stopped by our Arabic friends (the one's we taught with their preacher like a month ago) and gave them a Book of Mormon in Arabic! The mom seems interested, we think the dad is secretly :) I'm just excited because even though we can't teach them very well because of the language barrier, the Book of Mormon truly is how they can learn from the Spirit! Friday we also helped a lady that speaks Hungarian. 

So recap. This week we have met people that speak German, Arabic, Spanish, and Hungarian. If there are that many languages in Utah, I never knew about it! 

I actually don't feel very homesick (no offense to you haha!) at all. All of Sunday I was just so focused on that family that was coming to church, I kept forgetting that it was Mother's day! And it's crazy that it's already over! I literally don't understand missionary time, I say that too often, but it's just SO TRUE. I've been here for an eternity and a second, I want to be done and I never want to leave, I love being a missionary and it's the hardest thing EVER, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. It's weird.

Know I'm doing well, that every day is hard, but every day I'm surrounded by miracles that remind me Heavenly Father is loving, that he knows us individually, and I am here for a reason. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary!


That's really about it for this week! Sorry it was pretty random, one day I'm going to have some awesome, inspirational story that will knock your socks off, but it's probably not today :)

Love ya, have a great week!

Sister Maughan


                                      Some signs that Spring has sprung where Abby is !!






No comments:

Post a Comment