Monday, March 7, 2016

Oh my goodness, I'm in OHIO !!

***Note from Abby's Mom !!  Ok---I can't even tell you how happy we were to get this email, ---the first e mail from Ohio !!  I'm obviously not a very patient person, and I just wanted to hear from her and know she was alright.  If you are interested in her regular mailing address, drop me a note and I will be happy to give it to you.  (mommachar1@gmail.com) This is some of what Abby wrote this week --

So much has happened I don't even know where to start. But I guess we'll start with Wednesday.  We got up at like 2:30 in the morning to throw our stuff together and be on the bus. Drove to the airport, ate breakfast, then got on my first airplane ride!

Once we got to Ohio  (wait what? I'm in Ohio?) The mission president and his wife picked us up and took us to their house. We basically just ate food and met everyone, and then went to bed (the sisters slept at the mission house that night.) IDK if I already told you, but there were 10 sisters and 6 elders that were all newbies, 4 of the sisters serving in Kirtland specifically.
Anyways, the next day we went to Kirtland, which was so cool! It was a great way to start out the mission. We walked through the Kirtland temple and went to the David Whitmer store. (** I think she means the Newell K. Whitney Store).

So my new companion is Sister Gibbs! She's from Denver, Colorado and has been our for 6 months. We are in what they call the "Strongsville East" area, and it covers three cities: Broadview Heights, North Royalton, and Brecksville. We are doing what is called "shotgunning" an area, which means that neither of us had been there before. There were Elders in the area before us, so they had a few things set up. But besides that, it's up to us to find new people to teach and meet everyone, cause both of us are new to this area. We ate dinner with some ward members that first night, met with a sort of recent convert at the library (he's been a member for 2 years but still likes to meet with the missionaries) and then went tracting. My brain was so overwhelmed I honestly can't even tell you how it was. I just know I was so grateful to go back to our apartment and have time to breathe again! 

Church on Sunday was amazing!! It was so good to be around members again and remember there are other people living this gospel besides missionaries. I’m so excited to meet them all and get to know them better.
Basically, it's been an INSANE first few days here, but I'm still learning a lot through these experiences. Thank you so much for your letters and prayers and thoughts, I can definitely feel them and I definitely need them! I miss you all lots!
Love,
Sister Maughan

Here are a few of the pictures Abby sent this week !  
A couple of them are from the MTC ---


MTC Branch President and his wife (The Hardmans), Brother and Sister Mullen (Counselors), Abby and Sis Barnes, Sister and Brother Baron (also counselors.)


Abby's MTC district



President and Sister Brown with Sister Maughan


Abby with her trainer, Sister Jordan Gibbs


Sister Maughan and Sister Gibbs cleaning their apartment



A couple of pictures of their apartment





No comments:

Post a Comment