Thursday, February 25, 2016

Overwhelmed...with LOVE !!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!! 

I'd like to let you know that I"ll try my best to keep my grammar acceptable, but when you're in a hurry it's really hard to do. I feel for the missionary letters I used to make fun of all the time. :)

Anyways, so the first few days were really hard. But everyone kept saying "make it until Sunday." So we just pushed through... and it was SO TRUE. Sunday everything was just so peaceful and calm. And since then, the days have gone by SO much faster. The first few days here were the longest of my life, and now i can't believe it's already Thursday! I'm out of here in 5 DAYS!!!! Something about Sunday and going to Sacrament meeting and keeping the Sabbath day holy just makes everything better. 

I just recognize now how much I'm learning, and growing, and changing, even though it didn't feel like it at first. The people here are all incredible, and they are just here to help you in every single moment. The best thing we can do is just try, just keep pushing forward, and it really does work out. Who knew? 

Just know that this gospel is SO true, that it blesses families, and it blesses us. Nothing else could bring the peace and joy I needed so much when things got hard here. 

I love you all to pieces, keep sending lots of letters about anything and everything, it helps so much just to know what' you're up to. Being here at the MTC really has made me feel an overwhelming, feeling of love- for the people here with me, and for you all back at home. It's something I can't even describe very well, but it's real. 

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER should believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Love you all, thanks for your prayers, know I'm praying for you as well. 
Talk to you later.
Abby

****Note from Abby's Mom !!  --This is one of my favorite things that she said to me from another e         mail she sent today.  I love this !! I asked her how she was "really" doing.  She wrote ---

"And yah i'm really doing great!! It feels so good to say that, because I wasn't always. Hopefully I'll be able to explain a little more just to you in my email or letter to your personally this emotional Roller Coaster. But this experience at the MTC has taught me more than anything else ever could. It just took me a while to recognize that's what it was doing. But I LOVE it here, every hard moment is backed by a MILLION tender mercies that help me recognize Heavenly Father IS THERE and that He loves us and wants what is best for us, and that He cares about the things we care about. Seriously, the tender mercies make it all worth it, and I'm just filled with so much joy and love right now." 


Abby in her "residence" the first night at the MTC


Here she is with her name tag !!  


Abby with her MTC district


Abby with her companion, Sister Barnes


I told her to make sure she got this picture for me !!


Abby ran in to Emma Clawson her first day at the MTC.  Emma is in our home ward and is also at the MTC.  They took this at a choir practice they were both at.  



1 comment:

  1. Sister Maugan, look up Sister Burgess, Pres Burgesses wife. That is Eric's mother in law. She has been missing this week because Eric and Lisa (her daughter) had a new baby. The little girls Ellie and Sophie were some of the kids that sand during Sister Wixsom's meeting. I don't know if you saw 2 little girls around the MTC. Sister Burgess took Eric and Lisa's other two girls back to the MTC for a couple of days. What an experience for those girls. Let Sister Burgess know you are from Paradise and one of Linda's very favorite people. Pres and Sister Burgess are great people.

    You are going to make an awesome missionary!!
    Love,
    Linda Danielson

    ReplyDelete